Symantec customers with valid license support can upgrade their existing SEP 12.1 to SEP 14 version, free of cost.
Please follow the below procedure:
How do I receive my SEP 14 serial number?
If you are an eligible upgrade customer, you can get your SEP 14 serial number in the following ways:
Wait for the SEP 14 version upgrade (VU) notification letter in email.
The notification provides your new serial number and the release details for SEP 14.
How do I request manually ?
Request a VU notification from the MySymantec.com website.
- In a web browser, go to MySymantec.com, click Licensing, and on the SymAccount page, log on.
- On Symantec Licensing Portal page, click Version Upgrade.
- On Get a License Key for an Upgrade page, click I don’t have an Upgrade Notification ID.
- Type your customer and order number, and click Submit.
Where do I download the SEP 14 software?
The VU notification includes the serial number (S/N) and instructions to download the software from FileConnect/FlexNet: https://fileconnect.symantec.com/
Can I use my SEP 12.1 serial number to download SEP 14?
No. Version 12.1 serial numbers only allow you to download Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 software. You can only use the version 14 serial numbers to download the Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 software.
Upgrading To SEP 14 – What You Need To Know
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is now available! Take advantage of it to stop threats regardless of how they attack your endpoint; so you can focus on your business.
The upgrade to SEP 14 is easy and straightforward. To discuss it I’ll break the process into three stages:
- Preparing for a Successful Install
- Downloading SEP 14 and
- The Upgrade Process
Before we get started let’s look at the possible upgrade paths.
- If you are on a Symantec Endpoint Protection Management (SEPM) Console version 12.x or later you can upgrade directly to SEP 14.
- In the case of SEPM 11, you can upgrade to SEPM 12.x first then to 14.
- The SEP client, on the other hand, can be upgraded directly from 11.x or 12.x to 14.0.
- For SEPM or clients on Windows XP platforms you cannot upgrade to 14 – they are no longer supported.
Ensure the minimum system requirements are met for the platform and that the upgrade can be performed from that version of the client or SEPM before you attempt to upgrade to version 14
The Upgrade Process:
Be sure to perform your upgrade in the following order: SEPM first, then clients that are Group Update Providers (GUPs), followed by the remaining clients.
Step 1: Create an upgrade plan
Step 2: Back up and prepare for disaster recovery (critical)
Step 3: Prepare Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x managers
- Disable replication
- Disable the “Protect client files and registry keys” Application Control Policy
- Remove client packages assigned to the client groups
Step 4: Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service
Step 5: Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- You install the new version over the existing version. The over install process saves your settings and then upgrades to the latest version.
Step 6: Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection clients
- You do not need to uninstall previous clients before you install the new version. The over install process saves the client settings and then upgrades the client to the latest version.
Note: Clients that are Group Update Providers (GUPs) should be upgraded before other Endpoint Production clients.
For any further support and clarification, you can contact Symantec Partner in Pakistan.